Art Mentorship and Lessons
What To Expect?
In your art lessons with me, we will explore art making with tailored lessons that take into account your artist level and artist goals. Art can be extremely difficult, but it should always be fun. I strive to have my students make work that they care about and can put their whole hearts into. While the lessons are not project-based, we will be engaged in a project that we choose together. This will allow you to experience project management and the basics of taking on an artist project.
In-person art lessons are billed at $50 per hour and will be invoiced to you.
The supplies we will be using are directly related to what works for you as an artist, however, it is important that I am familiar with the medium. Most likely, we will be drawing, and working with acrylic, watercolor, and oil paints.
Initially, you will need the following:
- Sketchbook. Preferably blank that will be used just for our projects.
- Graphite Drawing pencils
- Pencil sharpener
- Col-Erase Colored pencils
- Kneaded eraser
Check out my list of preferred materials and the links to purchase them online.
Another option would be to bring an iPad, Apple Pencil, and Procreate.
- Daily drawing or painting for at least 30 minutes
- Homework and tasks assigned or specifically tailored to your artistic growth. Homework must be completed before our next lesson.
- If homework is not being completed before each lesson, scheduling changes made be made to accommodate the time needed to complete each task before the next lesson
How often we meet for our art sessions depends on your goals, the time set aside for art making, and my schedule.
It is typical to meet once a week.
Our meetings will be held at my studio (the address will be sent to you). This allows for easy access to materials, supplies, and my studio.
What do I need for our initial meeting?
- Please bring examples of your finished paintings or drawings. Your most recent work is preferred.
- Sketches or sketchbook with your rough work
- Art Supplies Please reference the art supplies section for what you will need for our first meeting.
Ready to take your art to the next level?
I bet you are!
Please schedule a time to chat over the phone with me via or shoot me an email.