I’m currently taking commissions. Please email me at email@example.com to beigin.
Painting Creation Process
- I will create a few initial thumbnail sketches from which you can choose the overall direction of the piece. (depending on the complexity of the commission there might be fewer or more drafts)
- Sketch and/or final sketches that you must accept before I continue the work.
- Drawing and Color comp for your consideration and approval.
- Prices are subject to change based on demand.
- I have the right to reject any order for any reason.
- The currency accepted is USD and can be paid via a credit card or check through the provided invoice online accounting system.
- Commissions can be paid either 100% upfront or split 50% upfront and 50% after sketch approval.
Process & Delivery
- The time it takes to finish your commission varies from 1 week – 2 months depending on factors such as the complexity of the commissioned piece, workload, and time of year.
- Digital Painting:
- Once the piece is finished you will receive the full-resolution image along with a web-friendly size. Note that there is no physical product. Depending on where you live, I can arrange to print your artwork. Just ask 🙂
- Physical/Traditional Painting
- Once the painting is finished, dried, and varnished, the painting will be mailed via UPS. Unless otherwise noted the painting will not be framed or matted.
- You get 3 rounds of changes on the commissioned piece included in the price. These revisions will need to be made before I move to the painting process. Once I begin the painting process, no other revisions are included.
- After approval of the sketch and color comp, a fee will be added if you want something changed on the final painting – unless a misunderstanding from my side has been made.
- If you wish for me to change something in the painting you have previously approved, this will incur an additional fee. The amount of the extra charge depends on the change you want me to make and is usually based on an hourly wage of $50 per hour.
Copyright & Usage
I, “Nicholas Jackson” (the artist):
- I reserve the right to cancel and refund the order at any time for any reason.
- I retain all copyrights over the commissioned artwork.
- I reserve the right to post the commissioned artwork online, in my portfolio as well as in publications such as art books.
- I reserve the right to sell prints of the commissioned artwork.
You (the customer/commissioner):
- You may upload the commissioned artwork on any website and social channels.
- You may NOT make profits from the commissioned piece (reselling, redistributing, uploading to POD-services, make prints, etc.)
- You may NOT alter the commissioned artwork without my (the artist’s) consent.
- You MAY be allowed to sell the artwork if it is a physical painting. No digital paintings may be sold.
- You may NOT use the commissioned artwork for commercial purposes.
The following is considered copyright infringement:
- Reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially – means making money off it in any way not excluded from these terms.
- Claiming the artwork as your own
- Altering the artwork without my consent
If you desire to own the commercial rights to your image, I would be happy to discuss pricing.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- The buyer is not allowed a refund once I started working on the commission.
- If for any reason I am unable to start your commission you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your order before payment, you can get a full refund.